(Page) Hit me baby one more time!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our 1st anniversary memoir

This is already a late post. Last December 2007, Randy and I went to Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, CA which we consider as one of our celebrations of our upcoming 1st wedding anniversary. We were really thinking of something that we could have to somehow make us remember of our first year of being together. Something that will not be forgotten or something that will not only collect the dust in the cabinet or be lost in our electronic files (if it happens to be a digital thingy).

We were then enjoying Universal Studios' facilities when we came by this booth with the sign -- AIRBRUSH CARICATURE. We watched as the 2 artists painted/cartoonized a teenage guy and suddenly, TING! We had an idea! We approached one of the artists and asked him how much would it cost if we want a COLORED caricature with the two of us (Randy and I) in one frame. It's somehow too expensive (I can already buy a nice Fossil timepiece with the price) because we need to pay for 2 persons eventhough it will only be using 1 frame, but Randy gave me his green light. Well, as you know, my husband is one of the most thrifty persons I know ... sobraaang kurips! But then, what I like about him, is he's into quality more than quantity... as long as worth naman, why not coconut!

We thought that this would best fit in our soon-to-be bedroom. And we haven't done this before so it's somewhat exciting too. Plus, according to the traditional wedding anniversary gift ideas, for the first year, the gift should be made of PAPER: http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas.htm

So, this somehow fits into that:

No comments: