The moment I decided to work abroad I told myself that I will never be an employee forever. I will start saving for my own business in the future. When I was a child, I can still remember that I was fond of selling any kind of things/food items in my school. I would sell stationeries, home-made sampaloc candies, choc-nut, hany, renting all my pocketbooks & nursery rhyme books, etc. Even though I was not making any profits with these, I was still having fun...maybe some of the ladies here would agree to this when they were still young. And the silliest thing I did is whenever my uncle would give me Php10, I would buy different kinds of candy, put it in a recycled container, make a "FOR SALE" placard and I would sit outside our gate and position myself as if I am one of the vendors in the wet market. And I would just end up crying because no one in our subdivision would bother to look at my merchandise for sale. My siblings and my parents would just laugh at me and would tell me that time will come that I will be a great businesswoman.
I never lost that dream. I've been seeing myself to become a successful businesswoman someday. So, to pursue that dream, 10 months ago, Randy and I began planning about a business. The first business that we thought of did not push through because of different newly enacted Philippine legislations that would increase our start up and operating expenses and would somehow become detrimental to the success of our business.
So, we started all over again in the month of July/August 2007. At that time, I also joined an oil & gas company. And I never thought that I would inscribe in the industry that I was then employed.
Last September 2007, we officially launched our business. At first, I was very hesitant to start this since I've been hearing many sad stories from those who just started putting up businesses in the Philippines. But I realized that that's just part of life...I wouldn't be able to start any business if I would be very cautious all the time. We sometimes need to take risks (as what my "Rich Dad" always say...you better read the book, this has also became an eye-opener and inspiration to me).
To make things simpler, we are selling "motor oil" that protects the engine and fuel system of vehicles. Our market are mostly taxi companies/operators in the Philippines and sell the products in "drums". But because of increased demand, we started selling in "gallons" for small enterprises/individual users.
Supposedly, we are the sole sub-distributor of Bardahl Philippines - Caloocan/Valenzuela. However, there are emerging unauthorized resellers of the product (as always...tsk..tsk..tsk..). So just to give everyone a heads up, as of the time of writing of this blog, "we" are the sole reseller of the Bardahl products in the Philippines (Caloocan/Valenzuela).
For more information of our products, visit BARDAHL.
Aside from the fact that our product is way cheaper than the standard/well marketed oil brands, I will no longer indicate any more marketing statements here. Just let the website above do the talking.
For orders, please contact:
MR. ERMILANDO BAYTIONG
09194005465
We deliver within Metro Manila area.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
A world without friction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment